Date:      Sat, 23 Aug 1997 19:02:58 -0700
From:      Troi Eisler <teisler@istar.ca>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD on NEC VERSA 6010H?

Hi.  I have just purchased FreeBSD 2.2.2 to run om my NEC Versa 6010H
with an active matrix 800x600 screen running Chips & Tech 65550 chipset,
40MB of RAM, 1.44GB harddisk, 3c589D 3Com PCMCIA ethernet card and a
Adaptec 1460 slim SCSI PCMCIA controller.

I have downloaded the boot floppy (kernel) from www.jp.freebsd.org/PAO
which recognizes PCCARD devices.  When I install from this floppy, all
of the hardware I have in my system seems to be recognized (including
the two PCMCIA cards) but once the initialization of the two cards is
completes the machine seems to hang.  I have let the machine sit
overnight incase there was a lengthy probe going on but nothing had
changed by the morning.

Any help or suggestions you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Troi.