Date:      Sat, 23 Mar 2002 22:55:55 -0600
From:      Troy <tdrake@myrealbox.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernel issues

I recently added another FreeBSD box to my network and I noticed I'm
still getting some devices that aren't included in my kernel config that
get built in anyway. This isnt the first time a machine has done this,
but I cant figure out why. dmesg shows:

config> di pcic0
No such device: pcic0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di sn0
No such device: sn0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di lnc0
No such device: lnc0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di ie0
No such device: ie0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di fe0
No such device: fe0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di ed0
No such device: ed0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di cs0
No such device: cs0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di bt0
No such device: bt0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di aic0
No such device: aic0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di aha0
No such device: aha0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di adv0
No such device: adv0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> q

I checked the config and saw some are pcmcia, scsi, ethernet adapters,
etc, but all are commented out, and arent enabled anywhere else that I
can see. Any help appreciated, thanks.