Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 2010 12:35:16 +0100
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Many processes stuck in zfs

According to Stefan Bethke:
> The situation seems to be triggered by zfs receive'ing snapshots from the sister machine (both synchronize their active ZFS filesystems to each other, using zfs send and zfs receive).  It appears it's the receiving causing trouble.

Have you tuned kern.maxvnodes in /etc/sysctl.conf?

When I move to this new machine, I forgot to get it much higher than the default (now I use 200000) and it was locking up pretty soon.  Had not a single lockup now.

--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
In memoriam to Ondine : http://ondine.keltia.net/