Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 1998 19:27:15 -0600
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@ver1.telmex.net.mx>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ZIP 100

I just installed a Zip 100M Parallel port.  It seems to work fine,
but I get this from dmesg.

vpo0: <Adaptec aic7110 scsi> on ppbus 0
scbus0 at vpo0 bus 0
sd0 at scbus0 target 6 lun 0
sd0: <IOMEGA ZIP 100 J.03> type 0 removable SCSI 2
sd0: Direct-Access
sd0: ILLEGAL REQUEST asc:24,0 Invalid field in CDB
sd0 could not mode sense (4). Using ficticious geometry

I don't know where the ILLEGAL REQUEST is coming from or why, but
since it works, I haven't worried too much :-)  But, if someone
does know it would be nice.

The real problem is that I want to connect a parallel printer to the
Zip and I assume that I will use nlpt0 which doesn`t have a device
or a listing in MAKEDEV.  I assume that it shouldn't be linked to
lpt0, but I'm really not sure.

thanks for your help

ed

P.D.  Does this work or should I just install another parallel port?