Date:      Mon, 27 Jan 2003 19:51:53 +0100
From:      Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>
To:        "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@shiningsilence.com>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ffmpeg and 5.0-RELEASE

On Sun, 26 Jan 2003 23:25:51 -0500 (EST)
"Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@shiningsilence.com> wrote:

JCS> Is anyone successfully using ffmpeg to capture video on a 5.0-RELEASE
JCS> machine?  I've been trying to grab video from my bt878 board; it
JCS> works in that I can get video and audio with fxtv, but ffmpeg seems
JCS> to say this, no matter what:
JCS>
JCS> > ffmpeg /tmp/out.mpg
JCS> Could not find video grab device

	The ffmpeg 0.46 port (/usr/ports/multimedia/ffmpeg) does not
get built with capture support by default. It also doesn't use the MMX
code and so runs too slowly for capture (I only recently figured out
why it was so slow).

	Both of these should get fixed soon (as in the fixes are done and
in the pipeline), in the meantime the ffmpeg045 port captures nicely.

--
C:>WIN                                      |     Directable Mirrors
The computer obeys and wins.                |A Better Way To Focus The Sun