Date:      Mon, 6 Aug 2007 21:59:51 -0500
From:      Novembre <novembre@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NTFS-3G not mounting the partition during boot

Hi,

I have a problem mounting my NTFS partition at boot using ntfs-3g. A little
search got me to add the following ntfsmount startup script to
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/
----------
#!/bin/sh
#
# PROVIDE: ntfsmount
# REQUIRE: fusefs

. /etc/rc.subr

name="ntfsmount"
rcvar=`set_rcvar`
command="ntfs-3g /dev/ad0s1 /mnt/windows && ntfs-3g /dev/ad0s1 /mnt/windows
-o locale=en_US.UTF-8"

load_rc_config $name
run_rc_command "$1"
and then to run " chmod +x /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ntfsmount " in order to make
it executable. After that, I added the line ntfsmount_enable="YES" to my
/etc/rc.conf, and then rebooted. I did not see any error messages during
boot, but the partition was not mounted. However, if I run ntfs-3g from the
command prompt to mount the windows partition, it works. I am using

fusefs-kmod-0.3.0_5
fusefs-libs-2.7.0_1
fusefs-ntfs-1.710

Any ideas what's going on here?