Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 1995 03:01:34 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        bob@luke.pmr.com
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Using amanda from ports

 * Well, Think I'll have to give up my attempts to use amanda for now.
 * I did finally get it to run but it caused my system to spontaneously
 * reboot while it was running.  I have used up more time than I can
 * afford on it right now, perhaps next time I get to trying it I will
 * have better luck.  Too bad, it looks quite useful...    :-(

Sorry to hear that. :<

 * I'd certainly like to hear from folks that are successfully using
 * it...

I'm sure there is somebody using it successfully, maybe you can ask in
the newsgroup or "hackers"?  The "ports" list is for porters, so
amanda users may not be listening here....

Satoshi (the ports manager)