Date:      Wed, 4 Apr 2007 11:39:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Peter Thoenen <eol1@yahoo.com>
To:        Rong-en Fan <grafan@gmail.com>, Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: OPTIONS improvement

> > > > After pav@'s commit to bsd.port.mk, now you can test
> WITH/WITHOUT
> > > > freely with OPTIONS.

I guess to ask the obvious question, as a low maintenance port
maintainer (e.g don't follow all the latest and greatest nitty gritty
details) exactly what does this do for me and why do I care (or want to
adopt my ports to use this) ..  I don't exactly find "now you can test
WITH/WITHOUT freely with OPTIONS" self-evident.

As a general comment, I think this is also sorely lacking in most
"HEADS UP" port annoucements .. e.g. why do we care and what does it do
for us in layman terms.

-Peter