Date:      Thu, 12 Aug 1999 16:18:04 -0400
From:      "David E. Cross" <crossd@cs.rpi.edu>
To:        "David E. Cross" <crossd@cs.rpi.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, crossd@cs.rpi.edu
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3.2 on a ThinkPad 360c [keyboard not working]

> I am attempting to get FreeBSD 3.2 and/or 4.0 to go on a TP 360c.  The
> problem I am having is that the keyboard works all the way up to sysinstall.
> I can use the keyboard in the visual kernel config/etc.  I searched and found
> under 2.2 they suggested setting flags 0x10 on syscons.  0x10 isn't documented
> to do anything uner 3/4 but I tried anyway, nothing.  I also noticed that
> flags 0x04 and 0x02 may be some use (on atkbc).  I tried 0x4, 0x2, and 0x6 to
> no avail.  help?

Here are some additional details... I tried the 2.2.8-RELEASE install with
the flags  of '0x10' on sc0.  That worked OK.  I dug through the CVS repo
and I have discovered that those are the XT keyboard options (flags 0x04
on atkbd).  so I went into the CLI config on the 3.2-STABLE bootdisk at
turned those flags on BOTH atkdb0 at atkbdc0 (just in case), still no luck.
I have looked at the source for 2.2 syscons and 3.2 atkbd and I can not see
what the difference is in the codeset initialization and keyboard translation
for the 2 types.  I would like to try 3.0-RELEASE, but I cannot find anything
that old ;)

Suggestions?

--
David Cross                               | email: crossd@cs.rpi.edu