Date:      Thu, 25 Feb 1999 00:03:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
Cc:        Jos Backus <Jos.Backus@nl.origin-it.com>, Dmitrij Tejblum <dima@tejblum.dnttm.rssi.ru>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: panic: zone: entry not free

:Jos Backus wrote:
:>
:> > That is, INVARIANTS in kernel incompatible with dynamic loading.
:>
:> Somehow this strikes me as a Bad Thing...
:
:Invariants is not for the production minded. It is for those who
:work with things likely to get broken. Say, for instance, -current.
::-)
:
:--
:Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)

    I would disagree with that.  Invariants are for people who want
    their data to be as safe as possible and don't mind eating a little
    cpu doing extra sanity checks in the kernel.  It is something I would
    almost certainly enable in a production kernel.

    DIAGNOSTIC, on the otherhand, is something I would only enable in
    an extreme test environment.

:dcs@newsguy.com
:dcs@freebsd.org

					-Matt