Date:      Mon, 13 Jan 2003 10:06:00 -0500
From:      Jeff LaMarche <jeff_lamarche@mac.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can't telnet or FTP

I just did a clean install of 4.7 (I was running 4.0 previously) on a
machine that I'm using as primarily as a network gateway and firewall
and also as a file server. It installed fine and is working natd & ipfw
are working beautifully. However, I am unable to telnet or ftp into the
box using either adaptor's ip address - I get a "connection refused"
message. I did set up anonymous ftp access during the install.

I'm assuming that I did something wrong in the setup to make it disable
remote access. Can anyone tell me what I might have done and how I can
re-enable remote access to this box?

Thanks
Jeff LaMarche