Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 1995 08:29:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Charles Owens <owensc@enc.edu>
To:        questions list FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        jleppek@suw2k.ess.harris.com
Subject:   Re: cyclades PCI support

On Wed, 25 Oct 95 09:25:16 EDT, James Leppek said:

> does freebsd supports the cyclades PCI card. THey say no
> and are recommending people use linux :-(

Ummm, I had a long chat with a rep from there, and she said that they
don't "officially" support FreeBSD at this time, but are thinking about
it, and that some of their engineers are FreeBSD users (or dabblers, at
least).  She said that development efforts for other OS's (NT for example)
currently had priority.

All that aside, there are TWO drivers available for FreeBSD for the
cyclades boards.  One that is included in the kernel sources, and
another, by  Brian E. Litzinger  <brian@mpress.com>.  The latter one is
rumored to be more stable and may (it's rumored) be integrated into the
FreeBSD sources at some time (I'm not an athority on these things, mind
you).

In a month or two (as soon as my current batch of projects settles down)
I'm planning on implementing a remote access server using the Cyclades
boards.

later,
---
  Charles Owens					 Email:  owensc@enc.edu
                                       "I read somewhere to learn is to
  Information Technology Services     remember... and I've learned that
  Eastern Nazarene College            we've all forgot..."   - King's X