Date:      Tue, 31 Jul 2001 11:39:55 -0700
From:      James Satterfield <jsatterfield@intertrust.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: PERC 3 Dell 2500 and FreeBSD 4.3 stable

# Begin rambling
The Perc 3QC is an AMI Enterprise 1600 card. I've got two of them. They both
suck. =)
I've done a LOT of disk IO benchmarking with the Perc 3Di and 3QC cards in
the last few months. Awful results. If anyone is interested, I could send
them some of my findings (and a few things Dell has said about the
performance). Basically, I ended up removing the QC cards, installing a few
2 channel ultra160 cards, and running software raid because the hardware
solution was so poor. It was very nice of Dell to start including a branded
version of Veritas Volume Manager as their array management solution.
# End rambling
James