Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2005 21:03:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Rob <spamrefuse@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linking problems with gcc 3.4.2 and glibc on 5.3-stable

--- Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 02:48:01AM -0800, Rob wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > There seems to be a bug with the gcc version of
> 5.3
> > STABLE (gcc 3.4.2), when using:
> >
> >   #define _GLIBCXX_DEBUG
> >   #define _GLIBCXX_DEBUG_PEDANTIC
>
> What are those?  FreeBSD doesn't use GLIBC, so how
> do you know it's a FreeBSD bug?

What these are, I don't know, but these are used
by LyX (or generated by the auto-tools).
Noone else on the LyX-devel mailinglist has problems
with them, except me.

On that mailinglist, I'm the only FreeBSD user
and the problems seem aris with the specific version
of gcc on FreeBSD 5.3.

Please do not misunderstand: I'm not complaining,
I just inform 5.3 users of this issue.

Regards,
Rob.