Date:      Thu, 18 Sep 2008 10:39:19 +0900
From:      KAHO Toshikazu <vinwa@rocky.kais.kyoto-u.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: alpm(4) I/O range is claimed by ACPI

  Hello,

> Well, bus_alloc_resource() will allocate resources for the BAR and update the
> BAR for you, the question is if you need to hardcode the range to
> bus_alloc_resource() or not.

It is necessary for a pci device to set the BAR, if the device
would use memory or I/O space, isn't it? I don't know why the
BAR is not settable, but I think it is disabled by some reasons
and the BAR may be settable if the device could be enabled.

If the device have default I/O space, it needs to hardcode the
range or isa attach code. The device dose not seem to have
default I/O space.

This problem is not so important for myself, but it is a good if
it was solved.

--
KAHO Toshikazu