Date:      Fri, 26 Jun 1998 07:02:33 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        robert+freebsd@cyrus.watson.org
Cc:        jb@cimlogic.com.au, stb@hanse.de, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unable to compile from 2.2.6-stable

Robert Watson wrote:
> > On 2.2.6-stable, you need to:
> >
> > make -m /usr/src/share/mk buildworld
> >
> > I have tested "make -m /usr/src/share/mk world" on a stock installation
> > from the 2.2.6-RELEASE CD.
>
> So, I had never tried compiling -current under -stable before, but on
> seeing your email I thought I'd give it a try.  My tree is a little
> different of course, but it appears not to work:
>
> robert@fledge:fledge:/home/fbsd-current/src# make -m share/mk buildworld

One of the tests I did on 2.2.6-RELEASE was to use "-m share/mk" and
I found that does _not_ work. Each message I have posted about this
has had "-m /usr/src/share/mk" which is not the same thing!

You need an absolute path to the mk source directory.

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137