Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2000 09:35:54 +0000
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        asami@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Adding AUTOMAKE_FLAGS to bsd.port.mk

Hi,

Please can you consider this change to bsd.ports.mk

It follows on from the audio/libao, audio/libogg,
audio/vorbis-tools and audio/libvorbis  ports I have
been fixing recently.

The Problem
-----------
These 4 ports need to pass the '--add-missing' parameter
to AUTOMAKE.

So, I'd like to define a new variable AUTOMAKE_ARGS
and change bsd.port.mk from this:

  .if defined(USE_AUTOMAKE)
        @(cd ${CONFIGURE_WRKSRC} && ${AUTOMAKE})
  .endif

to this:
  .if defined(USE_AUTOMAKE)
        @(cd ${CONFIGURE_WRKSRC} && ${AUTOMAKE} ${AUTOMAKE_ARGS})
  .endif

Then, in the port Makefiles I can put

USE_AUTOMAKE= yes
AUTOMAKE_ARGS += --add-missing.

This makes the Port Makefile nice and clean and consistent
with other parts of the Port System which allow arguments
to be passed , eg CONFIGURE_ARGS

What do you think to this change?

Roger
--
Roger Hardiman
Strathclyde Uni Telepresence Research Group, Glasgow, Scotland.