Date:      Thu, 7 Dec 2017 14:07:54 -0800
From:      Xin LI <delphij@gmail.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd-rwg@pdx.rh.cn85.dnsmgr.net>,  "freebsd-arch@freebsd.org" <arch@freebsd.org>, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>, gshapiro@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RFC: Sendmail deprecation ?

Just picking a random message from the thread.

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 8:49 AM, Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com> wrote:
> It's bad that sendmail is such a security nightmare too. We should likely

I don't think there is fact that backs this claim (I don't personally
have strong opinion on Sendmail removal though).  Sendmail might well
be a nightmare a decade ago but not anymore.

The last security advisory for sendmail was in 2014 for a CVSS 1.9
issue, and before that the last major issue was in 2010.

Also count me in the "no dma" campaign too: it worked poorly for the
cluster during our dogfood and there were multiple RFC violations the
last time we tried it.  I might be wrong, but I think it also does not
support SSL/TLS properly (e.g. no validation of server certificate,
etc.), by the way, and I don't think it have implemented proper queue
either.

Cheers,