Date:      Tue, 05 Feb 2008 18:05:16 +0100
From:      Marko Kobal <marko.kobal@arctur.si>
To:        Scott Long <scottl@samsco.org>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LSI 1064E poor performance

Hi,

Scott Long pravi:
> I'll say it one more time.  Go into the BIOS for the _controller_ and
> turn on the cache.

This thread is not originaly mine, but I do have similar problems. Which cache are you talking about - write cache? What if the controller does not have an battery backup unit - in this case I really do not want to turn on the write cache as I don't want to lose any data on power failure (yes, I have UPS, but it is not enough). Cache must not be tho only reason for the 6.3 and 7.0 being slower than 6.2?

--
Kind regards, Marko Kobal.