Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2000 14:35:06 -0600
From:      Tony Wells <awells@journalstar.com>
To:        HokieGrind <hokiegrind@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache 1.3.9 (ports) and FreeBSD3.3 with VirtualHosts

I'm assuming you have a single interface on your machine and need to
setup aliases for that interface.

ifconfig is the command, and the syntax for an alias is:
ifconfig <interface> inet <ip address> netmask 255.255.255.255 alias

So the command would look something like:
ifconfig x10 inet 10.0.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.255 alias

You can do this from the command line (as root) and then ping the IP to
make sure it works.

To make it permanent add the line into /etc/rc.local, or better yet make
an executable shell script to do the same and drop it in
/usr/local/etc/rc.d

Once you have the aliases working you can setup httpd.conf to bind
virtual servers to those IP's.

Good luck.