Date:      Mon, 11 Jan 2010 22:59:34 -0800
From:      Bill Campbell <freebsd@celestial.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: partly offtopic, but need feed back now.

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010, Jon Radel wrote:
> Gary Kline wrote:

> Hmmmm....if you're doing the standard thing, and porting your phone
> number to the cable company, they'll have to put some equipment of their
> own on or in your house.  They don't really take ownership of the
> "line", just the number.

One thing to be aware of with the cable company -- when we had a
week-long power outage a year or so ago, it took Comcast another
week to get the cable back up and running after the power came
back on.  Our T1 and other phone lines were fine, and our
generator kept the computers up and running throughout.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill@celestial.com  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC
Fax:            (206) 232-9186  Skype: jwccsllc (206) 855-5792

The laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those
who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crime.... Such
laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the
assailants; they serve to encourage rather than to prevent
homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater
confidence than an armed one. -- Cesare Beccaria