Date:      Sat, 2 Sep 2000 07:57:45 +0100 (BST)
From:      Chris Hedley <cbh@teabag.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   AHC resources and SCB problems in 5.0-CURRENT

Hi all,

I hope this is the right place to ask; I've searched the mailing lists and
can't find any comments, so I hope it's not just me!  I'm following the
current development branch and all has been (generally) okay until the
29th of aug, since when I've been unable to get the kernel to boot
successfully; initially the messages are strewn with "can't allocate
register resources" (sorry, I don't have the exact details as they scroll
off the screen before I have a chance to grab them and I can't capture
dmesg since it's not booting successfully)

After it starts the 2nd CPU and tries to access the Adaptec 7895 I get the
following messages over and over:

ahc0: ahc_intr - referenced scb not valid during SELTO (31, 255)
ahc1: ahc_intr - referenced scb not valid during SELTO (31, 139)

After a while the system may panic with the message:

(probe0:ahc0:0:0:0): SCB 0x9 - timed out while idle, SEQADDR == 0xb
panic: Waiting List inconsistency. SCB index == 255, yet numscbs == 20

The system I'm using is a dual Pentium III, Tyan Thunder DLUAN1658 BX
motherboard, onboard Adaptec 7895 dual-channel UW scsi.  Fairly unexciting
setup overall.

Anybody got any ideas?

Cheers,

Chris.