Date:      Mon, 23 Nov 2009 23:25:18 +0100
From:      Michael Schaefer <mail@micele.de>
To:        cpghost <cpghost@cordula.ws>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Michael Schaefer <utf128@googlemail.com>
Subject:   Re: rTorrent + FreeBSD + pf = freeze?

On 22.11.2009 23:11, cpghost wrote:
> Have you tried to run rtorrent and the router on two different
> FreeBSD machines? Does it lock the router, or does it crash
> the rtorrent box only, or both?

even though i haven't been asked i might want to answer ;) Since my box
really exclusively does rtorrent i don't think it's related to routing
or NAT. pf is not active at all. Routing and NAT for my setup is done by
a dedicated different box (which isn't affected by all this, apart from
that it doesn't run freebsd).

so for me this really looks like a /networking/ issue, which is not
dedicated to routing or NAT in particular..
for me this now becomes kinda problematic, since i cannot even start the
second rtorrent instance without crashing the machine immediately.. :(

regards - michael