Date:      Tue, 09 Jan 1996 15:59:00 -0800
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        Thomas Graichen <graichen@omega.physik.fu-berlin.de>, kline@tera.com, dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu, questions@freebsd.org, multimedia@rah.star-gate.com
Subject:   Re: Hm...vat not working :(

Must say that lately I have been getting better support from the
OS center folks on the hackers lists -- the formula which has work
for me is to isolate the problem strictly to the OS and post on
the hackers anything else related to multimedia to this list.
Even then sometimes the support is not that great. I posted help
for the PnP stuff and I believe that must of them either didn't
have a clue what PnP stuff was or where not interested till
it became obvious that PnP was good to identify and configure
ISA devices. In contrast the Linux crowd have a full fledge
PnP project with an API :(

At the time that I started this list I was not too pleased with the
hackers list -- they looked to me like a bunch of ... well let me
stop is all in the past 8)

What is interesting is as we move on to the mbone and post relevant
material on web pages there is going to be less and less need
for this mailing rather odd but I guess thats the way it ought
to be.

It is much cooler to lean back on your chair and chat with the guys
in the MBONE  with  something like vat -- sound activated tool 8)

	Peace and Enjoy,
	Amancio