Date:      Tue, 31 Dec 2002 00:22:02 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Oliver Braun <obraun@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/lang/hugs Makefile

--2oS5YaxWCcQjTEyO

On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 11:34:18PM -0800, Oliver Braun wrote:
> obraun      2002/12/30 23:34:18 PST
>=20
>   Modified files:
>     lang/hugs            Makefile=20
>   Log:
>   Add ONLY_FOR_ARCHS=3Di386. Does not build correctly on alpha and sparc6=
4.
>  =20
>   Noticed by:     bento

I'm a bit unsure about using ONLY_FOR_ARCHS in cases where the port is
just broken on a given arch, as opposed to cases where it cannot be
made to work on a given arch (e.g. arch-specific hardware support), or
must be ported to an arch (e.g. uses asm code).

Because the *ARCHS variables set IGNORE, this will cause the build to
not be attempted by bento, and we lose track of the fact that there is
a build error.

Kris

--2oS5YaxWCcQjTEyO

--2oS5YaxWCcQjTEyO--