Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 1997 22:16:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <tim@ppp6564.on.sympatico.ca>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@rover.village.org>
Cc:        Tom <tom@uniserve.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, andreas@klemm.gtn.com
Subject:   Re: lpr/lpd changes

On Wed, 23 Jul 1997, Warner Losh wrote:

> In message <Pine.BSF.3.96.970723174245.25336A-100000@shell.uniserve.com> Tom writes:
> :   It might not be worth the effort.  Configuring lpd can be complex, and
> : make require additional packages (ex. ghostscript, and apsfilter) to be
> : useful.  Anyone who gets through the process should have much trouble
> : turning the NO to YES in rc.conf (or is is ON and OFF now?).
>
> You have a point.
>
> OK.  Can we turn this off by default and then have people turn it on

While configuring lpd may be complex, one still only has to install
apsfilter and, if one answers all the questions right, one's set.

This is not an objection to having lpd off by default, but a
suggestion that apsfilter be feeped a little bit more to ask "lpd is
currently disabled in /etc/rc.conf.  Do you want to enable it? [Y/N]"

--
 tIM...HOEk
OPTIMIZATION: the process of using many one-letter variables names