Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 2013 12:30:27 +0200
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        gecko@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   firefox (gecko) and DEBUG option

In www/firefox port DEBUG option has the following description:
 DEBUG             Install debug symbols
This seems to be factually incorrect.  I see in bsd.gecko.mk that the option
affects the following things:

.if ${PORT_OPTIONS:MDEBUG}
MOZ_OPTIONS+=   --enable-debug --disable-release
.else

.if ${PORT_OPTIONS:MLOGGING} || ${PORT_OPTIONS:MDEBUG}
MOZ_OPTIONS+=   --enable-logging
.else

Despite that I see that the installed binaries are actually stripped.

Not sure what causes this but:

$ make -V MOZ_OPTIONS
... *--enable-debug* --disable-release --enable-logging --disable-profiling
--disable-tests *--enable-strip* *--enable-install-strip*

This is somewhat weird because:
$ echo "<$(make -V STRIP)>"
<>

--