Date:      Sat, 25 Jun 2005 21:15:38 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bj=F6rn_K=F6nig?= <bkoenig@cs.tu-berlin.de>
To:        meka <meka@softhome.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: New kind of ports

meka wrote:

> Sam Lawrance <boris@brooknet.com.au> wrote:
>
>>In that case you want 'make checksum'. See the 'ports' manpage.
>
> 	Maybe I didn't express my self right. How about the (meta) rule
> fetch:
> 	checksum || do-fetch

'make checksum' does exactly what you want: fetch the file, make a
checksum, compare it, try to fetch the file again if it's incorrect,
make a new checksum, compare it again ...

If you just want to change the behaviour of 'make fetch' because you
think it might be confusing to new users then offer a patch. If it is
good and works without changing the current behaviour of other rules
(e.g. checksum) then maybe someone will commit it.

Björn