Date:      Mon, 25 Aug 2003 18:49:49 -0700
From:      K Anderson <freebsduser@comcast.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   IPFW & ICMP

Howdy folks,

I've been getting bombarded with ICMP (Cyberkit 2.2 attack) stuff and
created a rule in ipfw to firewall it. The rule is working, I am getting
measured stats but the problem is snort is seeing them and reporting
them. I thought that by firewalling ICMP snort would stop noticing them.
If I'm wrong in my asumption I would certainly like to hear it.

Here is the fierwall rule I applied.

deny log icmp from any to me via ed0

There are some TCP and IP rules above that but I don't see that causing
anything to skip over the  ICMP rule. And snort is seeing them as I did
a quick search through ACID.

Thanks in advance.