Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2000 13:17:50 -0500
From:      Brian Martinez <marti259@pilot.msu.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.1.1 / SMP / SBLive

I'm sending this to both the STABLE & MultiMedia lists.  This thread originates
however, in the freebsd-stable list.
======================================

I would be curious about your outcome on the problem Evan, I too run an SMP box
(Dual PII 450's) and I have a SBLive in there, Everything shows that it's working
just fine.

************
Bootup:
Oct 22 16:38:27 iguana /kernel: pcm0: <Creative EMU10K1> port 0xef40-0xef5f irq 9
at device 18.0 on pci0
--- and ---
> cat /dev/sndstat
FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm) Sep 29 2000 14:51:47
Installed devices:
pcm0: <Creative EMU10K1> at io 0xef40 irq 9 (4p/3r channels duplex)
************

On yours, my question is this.  IRQ 16?  That doesn't exist, there ARE 16 IRQs,
but they start at 00 ( ==  System Timer).  So I would be a little iffy on that in
regards to your situation.  However mine is at IRQ9, and I have the same thing.
I turn the speakers up, put headphones in, installed Xmixer, turned up the volume
in there, Everything I can think of and still NO sound.  The only thing that gives
me any kind of error is in /var/log/messages, and it seems to show up when I go to
a site that has Flash and Sound in it:

Oct 22 16:48:17 iguana /kernel: pcm0: sample rate tracker lock status change
I also get one other error only on the console that says something about a buggy
irq 10000.

Any other insight on this would be extremely helpful :)  I run 4.1.1-STABLE,
I have read through approximately 4 different tutorials on how to get the Sound
Blaster Live working under STABLE, and have been at this point for a couple of
months now.