Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 1996 23:00:15 -0800
From:      "Freeman P. Pascal IV" <pascal@pascal.org>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: STB PowerGraph 64 Video (Trio64V+) and XF86...

Oops... could have sworn I had included that info.

I'm running Current (sup-ed last Friday) and the XFree is from the
2.1 CD (I'm sure there's something more current).  I have tried
pulling down and running the XF86_S3 server that was listed under
the 2.1-RELEASE image on ftp.freebsd.org with no change.  I'm not
sure if it's the latest and greatest for FreeBSD.  Could someone
point me to the latest release of XFree for FreeBSD, the release
under ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/2.1-RELEASE/XF312 seems to
be a bit behind the times.

No haven't talked to the XFree folks, I haven't been able to locate
a pointer to them (I did try {ftp,www}.xfree.{com,org} without any
luck).  A search of Alta Vista on the Web failed to bring back any-
thing significant.  If someone can point me in the right direction
I head that way.

-Freeman

Michael Smith wrote:

> Freeman P. Pascal IV stands accused of saying:
> >
> > I upgraded to a P100 PCI motherboard awhile back and with it a new
> > video card.  I'm now using a "STB PowerGraph 64 Video" video card
> > and I'm having no end to trouble when trying to configure it with
> > XF96 (everything else seems to run just fine on this new motherboard).
> >
> > Has anyone else been able to get this card to work with XF86?
>
> Ok.  Some info you haven't supplied, that is needed:
>
> - Which FreeBSD version are you running?
> - Which XFree version are you using?
> - Have you asked the XFree people yet?
>
> > -Freeman

|  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that  |
|  whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting    |
|  life.                                                                 |
|					- John 3:16 (KJV)		 |
|                F r e e m a n   P.    P a s c a l   I V                 |
|  Phone Work:  (510) 645-3454       Email Work:  pascal@tfs.com         |
|        Home:  (510) 215-5742             Home:  pascal@pascal.org      |
|       Pager:  (800) SKY-PAGE        Home page:  http://www.pascal.org  |
|         PIN:        419-2250    Amateur Radio:  KE6LSS                 |