Date:      Tue, 08 Apr 2014 13:59:51 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD's heartbleed response

On 4/8/2014 1:42 PM, Chris Nehren wrote:
> later, FreeBSD remains unpatched.  There are many worried
> sysadmins and other users in #freebsd and elsewhere wondering
> what's going on and when their systems will be patched.  So far
> all we have is an unofficial gist on github and some discussion
> here (which most users don't see) with no further information.
> More transparency is needed.

* The port was very quickly updated.
* Xin posted a working patch to the list for those who really wanted to
apply it.
* I think it reasonable that code touching such a CRITICAL aspect of the
OS be *well* reviewed before getting committed.  IIRC there was a quick
fix to an openssl bug in the past that then had to be fixed again.
* What is stopping people who care about security from joining, or
following this mailing list ?

	---Mike

--
Mike Tancsa, tel +1 519 651 3400