Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2001 23:31:08 +0100
From:      "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@freebie.atkielski.com>
To:        <raja@micronetusa.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD sendmail server and POP clients

It's not a server problem.  The message you are seeing means that Outlook cannot
determine how to send out the message for the mailbox specified.  It never even
talks to your server because it can't figure out that it is supposed to be
talking to an SMTP server.  Note that POP has nothing to do with this; it is
used only to retrieve mail.

There are lots of different Outlook configuration errors that can cause this
problem.  Do a search in the Microsoft Knowledge Base on their Web site and
you'll find quite a few articles listing possible causes and their resolutions.

Also, if possible in your environment, Outlook Express is much easier to use
with POP3/SMTP than the full-blown Outlook client.