Date:      Tue, 19 Jun 2012 21:22:51 -0700
From:      Kevin Oberman <kob6558@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Martin Matuska <mm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Unable to build "graphics/ImageMagick" port

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Carmel <carmel_ny@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 11:47:54 -0700
> Kevin Oberman articulated:
>
>> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 10:58 AM, Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > I tried deleting the old version and running a variety of OPTIONS
>> > combinations and still got failures with the latest version, even
>> > with the default OPTIONS. Haven't tried mm's latest suggestions yet
>> > though.
>>
>> Deleting the old version first won't help. If you look at the failure,
>> the test will still try to use files from /usr/local and will fail.
>> the only way I think it will work is to install without running tests,
>> and then re-install with tests (or follow mm's advice, though that
>> will leave you without HDRI support).
>>
>> It's a classic chicken/egg issue.
>
> I installed it sans "Tests" and "HDRI" without problems. I then
> attempted to install it with both options and it bombed out. I finally
> just installed it with "HDRI" sans "Tests" and it installed fine. I did
> not attempt to install it sans the "HDRI" option but with the "Tests"
> option. I leave that exercise to someone with more time to
> invest than I do.

You are tryingtoo hard. I didn't suggest removing HDRI.That is the
cause of the issue.

For this to work, install ImageMagick WITH HDRI, The test that fails
is for HDRI and attempts to use files that don't yet exist. Thus
analyze.sh failes.

To install ImageMagick with all default options, turn on HDRI (High
Dynamic Range), a very desirable capability for many but turn off
TESTS. Build and INSTALL ImageMagick. That puts all of the needed
files in place. Then turn on TESTS and re-buildand ImageMagick.It will
then pass all tests.

This is a breakage in ImagMagick and I expect that someone will get it
fixed for the next release.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558@gmail.com