Date:      Fri, 17 Dec 1999 06:46:15 +0100
From:      Martin Welk <mw@theatre.sax.de>
To:        Juha Saarinen <juha@saarinen.org>
Cc:        Tommy Forrest - KE4PYM <tforrest@mcs.net>, Mikhail Evstiounin <evstiounin@adelphia.net>, Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>, "questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Not such good networking performance with FreeBSD

On Thu, Dec 16, 1999 at 05:15:07PM +1300, Juha Saarinen wrote:

> If I've got it right, that's 4.7MBps -- had an Intel InBusiness switch
> here for a while, and got 6.7MBps out of that one. ;-)

Ah, I see why Intel bought Level One some months ago. I get as much as
possible on 100 mbit/s network through their hubs, that means, 10 mbytes/
sec. with DEC21x4x based and Intel EtherExpress 10/100 network cards :-)
(Using ftp, not doing any disk I/O while reading from disk cache and
writing to /dev/null.)

Regards,

Martin
--
 /| /|        | /| /            ,,You know, there's a lot of opportunities,
/ |/ | artin  |/ |/ elk                     if you're knowing to take them,