Date:      Tue, 22 Feb 2011 11:34:54 -0800
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com>
To:        Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net>
Cc:        Raoul <rmgls@free.fr>, freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dell 370 bluetooth minicard

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 1:20 AM, Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Feb 2011, Raoul wrote:
>
>> ugen0.2: <BCM2046B1 Broadcom> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=FULL (12Mbps) pwr=SAVE
>
> I found some comments with Google that perhaps you need to convert this
> device from HID->HCI mode, this should be possible with the ubthidctl(1)
> utility but I don't know if thats in base or ports now?
>
>  http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base/user/rpaulo/ubthidctl/

i somewhat doubtful that it would make any difference. it could not to
hurt to give it a try though :)

it almost looks like that this device has its own usb hub and actual
bluetooth device could be behind the hub. however, since ugen(4) is
claiming the device (and not uhub(4)) we never get to see any
device(s) that could be behind the hub.

thanks,
max