Date:      Sun, 3 Apr 2005 11:19:06 +0200
From:      raoul megelas <rmgls@wanadoo.fr>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   ltmdm version number does not match

Hello,

The ports/comms/ltmdm version does not match for current
kernel from 2005-02-12: (600021).
dmesg says:

ltmdm0: <Lucent Winmodem> port 0xe800-0xe8ff,0xecb8-0xecbf mem 0xf8ffec00-0xf8ffecff irq 11 at device 8.0 on pci8
ltmdm0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
ltmdm0: type Virtual 16550A
WARNING: Device driver "ltmdm" has wrong version and is disabled.  Recompile KLD module.

Please, for learning purpose, can you tell me,
how to change the version number in the ltmdmobj-600.o.uu file?

objdump -s ltmdmobj-600.o.uu|grep version
returns version 6.00.

Certainly the version number is defined at a fixed offset.
Can you tell me please where in the source tree this is defined?

Thanks for your patience for a newbie!

	Raoul Mégélas
	rmgls@wanadoo.fr