Date:      Tue, 11 Aug 2015 10:44:51 +0200
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: r286615: /usr/libexec/ftpd broken!

On Tue, 11 Aug 2015 07:40:41 +0200
"O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> While ftpd daemon was working in r286590, it isn't anymore in r286615.
> Starting the daemon make it silently rejecting to start and disappears.
>
> Even manually started with option -d or/and -i doesn't work anymore.
>
> Does anybody else see this phenomenon? Scary ...
>

> Regards,
> oh

Just recompiled everything with r286617.

ftpd starts sometimes, sporadically, and dies somewhere in the process.
Connections to the ftpd aren't possible. Sockstat doesn't even show up a TCP/IP
socket (21, ftp/tcp) where the daemon is supposed to listen for incoming
connection - I see only udp4 (connecting to
local_unbound/127.0.0.1:53). This is strange ...