Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 2004 09:56:40 -0600
From:      "Pratik Mehta" <PMehta@soa.org>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Touchpad not working

Hi,
=20
 Well, here is the thing, i did do that, /dev/psm0, but then in /dev there =
is nothing like psm0. Am i thinking wrong??? I can trying disabling moused =
and then change the XF86Config to /dev/psm0

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 03:39 pm, Pratik Mehta wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I have installed freebsd on my dell laptop Inspiron 5150. It seems that
> the moused daemon is running my when i startx it does not recognize my
> touchpad. i am using PS/2 and AUTO in the config under sysinstall....can
> anybody point me to freebsd synaptics drivers which i can install or any
> other way to get my touchpad to work....
>
> - Pratik

I have had better luck disable moused and setting pointer device to =
/dev/psm0=20
in XF86Config.

Mark.

--=20