Date:      Mon, 3 Aug 2009 00:50:03 -0400
From:      "illoai@gmail.com" <illoai@gmail.com>
To:        Tom Mende <tmende@optusnet.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd-update & userland sources

2009/8/2 Tom Mende <tmende@optusnet.com.au>:
> Is there a way to get freebsd-update to keep userland sources up to date?
>
> I had thought that having src, world and kernel as components in the
> freebsd-update.conf file would do this but it doesn't seem to. Do I just =
add
> usr.bin and usr.sbin to the components list in the conf file and run
> freebsd-update or is it more complex than this? I have read the man pages=
 on
> this but there must be a gap between my english and how the man pages are
> written because I'm obviously missing the point somewhere.
>
> By way of background, I am trying not to use csup / cvsup and like proces=
ses
> as their past, admittedly incorrect, usage by me, combined with my
> incompetent salvage operations, has hosed my systems to the point of need=
ing
> to be reinstalled from scratch. I have been using a combination of portsn=
ap
> and freebsd-update to keep my 7.2-RELEASE system up to date and commenced
> this at about 6.3-RELEASE and have managed to not hose the system since t=
hat
> time. It now however appears I need to have userland sources to keep
> fusefs-kmod up to date.
>
> /usr/ports/sysutils/fusefs-kmod>make install clean
> =3D=3D=3D> =A0fusefs-kmod-0.3.9.p1.20080208_6 requires the userland sourc=
es to be
> installed. Set SRC_BASE if it is not in /usr/src.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/sysutils/fusefs-kmod.
>
> <snip from Makefile>
> .if !exists(${SRC_BASE}/sbin/mount)
> IGNORE=3D =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 requires the userland sources to be installed. =
Set SRC_BASE
> if it is not in /usr/src
> .endif
> <snip from Makefile>
>
> I have got around this by manually downloading the
> fusefs-kmod-0.3.9.p1.20080208_6.tbz, pkg_adding it, and then forcing the
> packages that have this pkg as a dependency to portupgrade with the -f
> option. Now portupgrade hits this pkg warning message (IGNORE msg) everyt=
ime
> it runs.

It sounds like you could solve this by merely downloading
and untarring the sources.  Or untarring the sources from
your CD, if you have one.

Download everything in
http://mirror.pacific.net.au/FreeBSD/releases/i386/7.2-RELEASE/src/
into a directory and issue
./install.sh all

This should work fine, even if you are running some other architecture
as the sources are the same.

--=20