Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2005 12:44:35 -0500 (EST)
From:      William Denton <buff@pobox.com>
To:        David Landgren <david@landgren.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Building your own FreeBSD installation CD-ROM

On 18 January 2005, David Landgren wrote:

: how does one go about creating a FreeBSD install CD-ROM? I'd like to be
: able to build my own CD-ROM with as much as possible of the install
: process done automatically.

The latter question I can't answer, but I made my own generic install CDs
for 4.8-PRERELEASE in 2003 and got some help from the list.  I wrote up
what I did here, in the 18 April 2003 entry:

	http://www.miskatonic.org/freebsd.html

(Sorry, no direct link to that entry.)  I don't know how different things
are for 5, and what I did was basic, but perhaps it'll be of use.

Bill