Date:      Sat, 05 Mar 2005 10:35:10 -0800
From:      Ben Munat <bent@munat.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: reload rc.conf without rebooting

Chuck Swiger wrote:
> Ben Munat wrote:
>> Thanks.... yeah, I figured that. However, in this case I had simply
>> added "keymap="us.iso"" to the rc.conf. So, I had to stop all my
>> daemons just to change my keymap.
>

> Of course you didn't.  Why not run:
>
>   kbdctl -l /usr/share/syscons/keymaps/us.iso.kbd
>
> ...or run "kbdmap" directly?

Ahah... I thought that seemed awfully harsh to have to go to single-user mode just to
change keymap... must have misunderstood the poster who told me that. Will take a look at
kbdmap... driving me crazy not to have my delete key...

PS: what keymap should I use anyway? (logitech PC keyboard... US English...)