Date:      Fri, 25 Mar 2016 17:11:50 -0600
From:      Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>
To:        Ruslan Makhmatkhanov <rm@FreeBSD.org>, FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: SD card adapter doesn't working anymore

On Fri, 2016-03-25 at 23:33 +0300, Ruslan Makhmatkhanov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have this in pciconf output:

> =
> none1@pci0:36:0:0:	class=0x088000 card=0x167e103c
> chip=0x2392197b
> rev=0x30 hdr=0x00
>      vendor     = 'JMicron Technology Corp.'
>      device     = 'SD/MMC Host Controller'
>      class      = base peripheral
>
> none2@pci0:36:0:3:	class=0x088000 card=0x167e103c
> chip=0x2393197b
> rev=0x30 hdr=0x00
>      vendor     = 'JMicron Technology Corp.'
>      device     = 'MS Host Controller'
>      class      = base peripheral
> =
>
> And my SD-card controller is not working anymore (it worked on
> -current
> on the same laptop year or two ago). Do I need to load some kld to
> make
> it working, or support for this controllers was dropped altogether
> for
> some reason? I have mostly vanilla GENERIC at r296772, but it
> actually
> stopped to work much earlier.
>
> Thanks.

Do you have a pciconf entry for class=080501 chip=0x2391197b, device
would probably be "SD Host Controller", and if so, is it none@pci or
sdhci_pci@pci ?  If sdhci_pci attached, there would be dmesg output for
it, and I'm curious whether any irq-related error showed up when it
attached.

The only change I can find that might have some effect is a switch to
MSI-based interrupts some time ago.  That was MFC'd to 10-stable in
r271051, and that's very close to range cited in that PR.

It might be worth trying to set hw.sdhci.enable_msi=0 in loader.conf
and see if it makes a difference.

-- Ian