Date:      Thu, 06 Oct 2011 15:48:29 +0400
From:      Oleg Strizhak <oleg@pcbtech.ru>
To:        "Alexander V. Chernikov" <melifaro@yandex-team.ru>
Cc:        "Andrey V. Elsukov" <ae@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-ipfw@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ipfw nat drops icmp packets from localhost

=FA=C4=D2=C1=D7=D3=D4=D7=D5=CA=D4=C5, Alexander V. Chernikov!

=F7=D9 =D0=C9=D3=C1=CC=C9 06.10.2011 15:16:

> On 06.10.2011 14:42, Oleg Strizhak wrote:
>> Hello, Andrey V. Elsukov!
>>
>> You wrote on 06.10.2011 at 13:38:

>>> Can you describe how you did apply and test this patch?
>>
>> in a usual way =3D) Unfortunately, copy-pasted from the mentioned
>> above page patch couldn't be applied w/ error:
>
> svn diff -c 223835 svn://svn.freebsd.org/base/stable/8>  ~/r223835.diff
> Can you try the patch attached (just to be sure) ?

sure, I can =3D) I'll try and then drop you a line about the results.

> This is exact situation from this (and some related PRs) and this
> revision definitely fixes it.

Sounds promising! Hope I've missed or neglected something, and that'd hel=
p.

> Btw, what is the value of net.inet.ip.fw.one_pass sysctl ?

now it's 0. As far as I remember, I've raised one_pass to 1 -- without=20
any effect on the packets filtering (in my case)

> Are you sure that ipfw is the single enabled firewall on this machine
> ? Are you sure that system is using new kernel ?

Just 10 minutes ago I was quite sure in both cases, without any doubt..
Now, as the patch you've sent to me is char-to-char the same as mine...
I'll try once more.
Thanx for help and directions!

WBR,
Oleg