Date:      Fri, 20 Oct 1995 18:39:09 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Dave Andersen <angio@aros.net>
To:        dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie (David Malone)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: de0 support for SMC8432BT EtherPower PCI

Lo and behold, David Malone once said:

> I suspect the wrong source has ended up on atleast the server we installed
> from. I got the 2.1.0-951005-SNAP install disk from
> ftp://ftp.ieunet.ie/FreeBSD/2.1.0-951005-SNAP. The options menu on this
> disk says it is the 951005 release.
>
> I installed from ftp://ftp.ieunet.ie/FreeBSD/ and the generic kernel I
> ended up with was 950928, and looking at the rcs info you sent me this
> is before the changes were made.
>
> I wonder if this is a global or local problem. It would certainly explain
> the missing atapi support too.

    It's global.  We did the same thing and ended up with a system that
says it's kernel is 950928.  I didn't bother trying it again because it
was on a system I needed to run. :)

      -Dave

--
angio@aros.net                Complete virtual hosting and business-oriented
system administration         Internet services.  (WWW, FTP, email)