Date:      Wed, 10 Nov 1999 16:59:32 +0100 (W. Europe Standard Time)
From:      "Walter C. Pelissero" <wcp@demon.db.de>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ISDN & PPP for dial-in/out

I hope it's not a stupid question.

Do you have any example on how to set up a FreeBSD 3.1 box so that
it's able to dial out my ISP automatically and answer (and act as a
ISP) when I call in from home?

I tried to mess around with i4b (ver 0.83) with and without userland
ppp (ver 991109) but I seem to stuck on remote calls not being
recognized.

This is for instance my last trial isdnd.rc:

#
#	example of a configuration file for the isdn daemon & user-ppp
#	--------------------------------------------------------------
#

#==============================================================================
# SYSTEM section: isdnd global configuration parameters
#==============================================================================
system

# accounting
# ----------

acctall		= on			# generate info for everything
acctfile	= /var/log/isdnd.acct	# name & location of accounting file
useacctfile	= yes			# generate accouting info to file
isdntime = on
monitor-allowed	= no			# global switch: monitor on/off

#=================================================================
# User-ppp example
#=================================================================
entry
name			= userppp0
usrdevicename		= rbch
usrdeviceunit		= 0
isdncontroller  	= 0
isdnchannel		= -1
local-phone-incoming	= 00mynumber
remote-phone-incoming	= *
local-phone-dialout	= 00mynumber
remote-phone-dialout	= 00ispnumber	# ppp(8) will override this
remdial-handling	= first
dialin-reaction		= accept
dialout-type		= normal
b1protocol		= hdlc
idletime-incoming	= 60		# Should be larger than ppps timeout
#idletime-outgoing	= 60		# Should be larger than ppps timeout
idletime-outgoing	= 0		# Should be larger than ppps timeout
ratetype		= 0
unitlength		= 90
unitlengthsrc		= rate
dialretries		= 1
dialrandincr		= on
recoverytime		= 1		# Should be smaller than ppps redial
usedown			= off
downtries		= 2
downtime		= 30

entry