Date:      Mon, 16 Apr 2001 15:42:49 -0400
From:      Barney Wolff <barney@databus.com>
To:        "E.B. Dreger" <eddy+public+spam@noc.everquick.net>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG, net@FreeBSD.ORG, provos@OpenBSD.org
Subject:   Re: non-random IP IDs

If ip_randomid() is an asm rather than C code, I have sometimes
seen problems with an asm func calling another asm func.  That
was long ago and far away, but is the only reason I can think of
for that change.

But whether the id is random or a counter, there is no reason to
htons it, as long as it's treated consistently, with externals
never compared with internals.

Barney Wolff