Date:      Mon, 6 Dec 2004 19:28:38 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tuc at Beach House <tuc@tucs-beachin-obx-house.com>
To:        maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net (Maksim Yevmenkin)
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sdpcontrol issues (LONG)

> > Nope, tried browse and each search, nada.
>
> thanks for checking this. looks like treo problem to me. like i said i
> would like to have hcidump output.

	Starting to think it is.

> > It did, and I've loaded it, and it can't see anything either. Once I
> > had sdpd running on my FreeBSD and added DUN, the PC can see it. So
> > it seems the Treo is just not being very outgoing! I've tried things
> > that people say should be doing it, but so far nada.
>
> hmm... strange. why they even bother to put bluetooth logo on it, if it
> does not work :( do you know if your service provider (verizon?) had
> flashed treo and disabled bluetooth features? perhaps you need to flash
> latest firmware in your treo?

	I bought it directly from PalmOne. I have to do this because I
buy it as a "replacement Sprint phone", and then use some special software
to get the radio part to work on Verizon. So Sprint I don't think its been
disabled. It seems Palm is still a little green in this area, since it
seems they have a "DUN" setting, but its not showing unless you twiddle 2
bits in the .prc file.

	I'm going to follow this up with the TreoCentral.COM people and
see if they have any thoughts on it.

		Tuc