Date:      Sun, 25 May 2008 11:33:28 +0200
From:      Richard Arends <richard@unixguru.nl>
To:        gahn <ipfreak@yahoo.com>
Cc:        free bsd <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, freebsd general questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD crashed

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 01:52:05AM -0700, gahn wrote:

> Could any gurus here help me out this? I just want to save the files in the home directory so that I can rebuild the system.

Boot with a FreeBSD installation or live CD/DVD and mount the home partition and
burn the files on a CD or DVD, or copy them with scp to an other system or mount a
remote filesystem like CIFS/Samba/NFS and copy the files on that filesystem.

Or restore them from your most recent backup :)

--
Regards,

Richard.

/* Homo Sapiens non urinat in ventum */