Date:      Mon, 18 Jan 1999 21:44:22 -0500 (EST)
From:      Paul Chvostek <paul@it.ca>
To:        clash@tasam.com (Joe Gleason)
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SurfChina.com - Search Engine for China

Quoth Joe Gleason:
> I find the signal to noise ratio on all the freebsd lists I am on to be
> quite good.
> I don't think spam and random junk to the list is a common enough occerance
> to worry about.

I don't buy that.  How many off-topic commercial posts will you tolerate
on the list before you consider it a problem?  If it exists at a small
scale, the opportunity exists for it to exist at a large scale.  If we
can come up with a way of avoiding posts like this when they're
infrequent enough not to be excessively annoying, then we can avoid the
escalation altogether.

But this is off-topic for this list.  Perhaps we should start a list
for it.  freebsd-abuse, anyone?

--
  Paul Chvostek                                            <paul@it.ca>
  Operations / Development                         vox: +1 416 598 0000